Tax disputes is one of the key businesses of PKF MEF-Audit since its establishment. Combined with a deep knowledge of tax laws and law enforcement practice, PKF MEF-Audit’s team has earned considerable experience in resolving tax disputes and representing our clients before tax authorities and arbitration courts.
PKF MEF-Audit has been successful in resolving major tax disputes, including:
- contesting decisions awarded following in-house and on-site tax audits, in a pre-court procedure or in court;
- substantiation of tax benefit received and the good faith of the taxpayer;
- contesting illegal actions and omissions, other unlawful acts performed by tax authorities;
- application of international tax treaties, etc.
Our many years of experience in the provision of audit and appraisal services, tax and accounting advice contribute to the quickest possible settlement of tax disputes.
PKF MEF-Audit’s participation in a tax dispute includes:
- representation of the client before tax authorities and arbitration courts;
- development of the taxpayer’s legal case in the tax dispute, support during tax audits, including direct participation of our experts in the interrogations of officers and other persons;
- active participation of our experts in pre-court settlement of tax disputes;
- review and analysis of tax audit reports to establish the legality and rationale of deviations reflected by the tax authority, preparation of objections to audit reports;
- organizing activities to gather and prepare evidence confirming the absence of intention to commit tax violations and supporting the arguments and objections of the taxpayer;
- preparation of appeals to superior tax authorities, applications to arbitration courts, appeals and cassation appeals, and other procedural documents.
PKF MEF-Audit’s team offers support in tax disputes to companies in banking and finance, oil and gas, petrochemistry, transportation, large holding companies in mechanical engineering, construction; our clients also include telecommunications companies, energy companies, pharmaceutical, and agro-industrial companies.